Wednesday 23 May 2012

Why wait?


Sitting in the airport lounge waiting for the plane to arrive and depart can be exciting or excruciating depending on your focus. If you are psyched about the destination like a beach holiday or visiting good friends, the tedium of travel is eclipse by the anticipation of destination. Of course if it’s returning to catch up on work or to go to a grilling meeting, the whole trip can be agony.
It seems that daily life is mostly a journey consisting of waiting. We learn to entertain and pass time with busy work, but we are waiting for an achievement, reaching a goal, going home, a partner, the pay cheque…
The difference is there is no physical plane waiting. We have a choice to do whatever we want.
I guess I have learned I’m waiting for myself to plan and make the journeys as fun and rewarding as possible; with a little help from my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment