Monday 21 May 2012

Rest vs stress


Even as I have avoided the MTR and shopping crowds while my foot healed, I had a lot of time to face myself. Much of my blog was about dealing with ignored feelings. As I wrote, I felt free from their grip.
Stress is struggling. In the city it may be about finding quiet and peace. While you can always go home or vacation, we cannot escape ourselves. Having grown up in the city, my suburban college years were a struggle to adjust to the peace and quiet. Doing things alone felt weird. But it was during those quiet moments that I saw who I was. Maybe I used to avoid myself and the struggle cause stress.
These last few months were similar. The world is changing quickly and can seem daunting.  I rediscovered rest and peace knowing the limitations of my thinking and efforts, but can still embrace every moment of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment