Wednesday 6 June 2012

Too good to be true


"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7.
Did you ever think this verse is just too good to be true? Even if I proclaim I have faith to move mountains, maybe deep down I have my doubts about being able to get whatever I want. This is not a sermon although many sermons put conditions on what Jesus said. The truth is, I just don't know what I really want in life.

It's a human condition. Look at babies who can be completely compliant or are bored with anything after 5 minutes. Both kinds do not know what they want. I don't think we even know our own pleasure (see James 4:3).  The process of finding what we really want or God's will or fate, is our life journey.

The goal is to know what door to open... kind of sounds like a TV game show.

No comments:

Post a Comment