Monday 18 June 2012

Sorting downers


Feeling down can come from hunger, fatigue, fear, concerns... real or imagined... I think the first 2 are more common than we think. A walk, a bite, a tea or just a few deep breaths often does the trick.

Fear plagued me for the longest period perhaps in my life until this week. Last night, a friend invited me to watch Sleepy Hollow. The atmosphere of the movie induced some dark dreams but this morning, I snapped out of it and looked forward to the day.

It is only by comparing wake up moments that I saw the difference. Feeling down can become like having hidden in a dungeon. The despair can follow us even upon release and cast a spell of silent dread for the longest time. Laughter from the kids, jokes, joy, encouragement can all seem to come through distant tunnels before reaching my head.

Today, I'm alert can feel up or down without being invaded by a feeling. It's like being released from prison inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment