Thursday 7 June 2012

Power over me


I've always been a nice guy. Some say they finish last. If true, are all Olympic gold metalists mean people?

And who says coming first is always important. The problem with being too nice though is that it can be an obligation. I can become addicted to putting myself below others, mostly out of responsibility.

Power comes from the willing subject. So I must know when to cut off the voluntary submission if there is a chance of harm. It's important to prevent abuse, to my recent surprise, from friends and family.

It's about letting go and moving on.

2 comments:

  1. Tit for tat used to be the best strategy for the prisoners' dilemma, but it's no longer: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21428663.900-a-dirty-twist-on-beating-the-prisoners-dilemma.html

    Moral: don't play nice, play dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting you chose this game because they did try this on me and a colleague when we were being investigated. In our case the dirty players were everyone else.
    In real life, the lesson for me is "don't hand out favors" because there is always room to negotiate a settlement for a price.

    ReplyDelete