Friday 15 June 2012

Doubting the Sun


My doctor said I've been really patient during my nearly 5 month foot wound healing process. It's easy to want to peel off the scab during the final week.  Not that there's any pain or much inconvenience walking; it's just I miss wearing a normal right shoe.
In a parallel universe, my career change is finally turning.

Like the darkest hour before the dawn, the past few weeks have seen the most excruciating moments. I think real winners or champions are the ones who can remain focused and persistent during the final week of practice.

I used to almost scoff at the spirituals that sing "the darkest hour is just before the dawn". That's because I thought "Big deal! The dawn is coming. Didn't you know? "

Well now I've gone through a long rough night wrestling with myself, I doubted the Sun would rise in moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment